There are different types of short hairstyles – from tomboy short, through colored tresses, simple layered effects to short braids. Of course, no two heads look completely the same – there are various different density of hair, facial structure and even the light can change the way a hairstyle looks.
When it comes to thick hair, there are several things which are generally true, regardless of whom the head belongs to. Two of the things that can be counted on to happen to thick hair are: hair will puff, if not cut properly and it will tangle more than you will enjoy it. It is well known that for a certain length range the thick hair will begin to bulge in ways unrelated to the wishes of its owner.
For this reason, most people keep their thick hair in either very short or long enough haircuts. In any case, plain, piled in block style haircut does not look good on people with thick hair. Instead, different length level layers give much better effects. Different length of the different layers overcome many of the disadvantages usual for thick hair and allow the use of more shortcut hairstyles.
To the layers of different lengths can be added layers of different colors, even contrasting colors, and diversity becomes even more significant. With layers and colors the thick hair does not look its usual static and heavy way. Caution – usage of standard dyes for overall coloring, to make the color effects-not a good idea.
Using such color combined with the gravity-bound and uniformity-look of the thick hair can easily create the effect of a wig – not very desirable effect!
One of the best looking short hairstyles for thick hair is the pixie-cut. When properly done, this haircut gives both cute and dangerous look to its owner.
The appearance is like for a very soft, volume and bouncy hair, unlike the usual heavy and static form, which is so typical for the thick hair.
Another short hairstyle that relies on layers and looks good on thick hair heads is short shaggy bob.
For this hairstyle face shape is essential. Heart-shaped faces will require more layers around the chin while oval faces will have cuts allover the place.
Another look-good for thick hair short hairstyle, which recently gained significant popularity among the celebrity world is the spiky style. The spiky style will add a bit of roguish appearance and will make the thick hair look much more interesting – for a change, not plain and boring as so many popular styles strive to achieve.
Tips for Short Hairstyles
If you are looking for some tips for short hairstyles, you’ve came across the right article. Unlike long tresses, short hair can easily be fixed and styled. With a little effort and time, you can be runway ready with your look. Now, what are some of the best tips for your mane? Read on to find out!
How to style short hair
Looking for some smart ways to style your hair? Try these gorgeous looks!
– Pin that bangs. If you have added bangs to that short hair, you certainly have several ways to improve your look. By using bobby pins, you can pull your bangs across your head, twist them or lift them to create curls.
– Go for headbands. Wearing headbands at your hairline or across your head is more than enough to look chic and trendy. Choose headbands that would complement your outfit and take advantage of the different styles of headbands in the market right now.
– Wear the side braid. Who says braids are only for long hair? Women who have short hair can also rock the side braid. It is the only accessory you need to get through your day.
– Curl it. Curling your short tresses will give you that sophisticated and fashionable look. Just don’t overdo it to avoid your hair looking dorky or dry at the end of the day. You can also use mousse to add body to your hair.
– Just mess it up. If you want to look beach-y and effortlessly beautiful, this is the style to go. Just mess your hair up using your fingers, don’t use combs, while wet. You can apply hair cream and let it dry.
Accessories for short hair
– Headbands. You will never be out of trend with headbands. It adds volume and definition to any cut especially to short hair. Since you have short tresses, opt for headband that is not too wide except if you have a long bob.
– Hair sticks. This is perfect if you have thick curly hair cut shortly. Hair sticks have different styles but those with sparkly crystals will help you make a big fashion statement.
– Barrettes. Barrettes look really cute and fashionable. It is made of clasp thus helping your hair to be more in place and secure. It can keep stray wisps away and hold mane out of your eyes. Right now, antique-looking and floral barrettes are in trend.
– Hair claws. This is typically used for long hair but hair claws can also be used as an accessory for short hair. You just have to pull back strands of hair and secure your tresses with it.
– Fascinators. This is a great alternative to hats especially if you will be attending a social event. Fascinators are usually embellished with jewels, silk flowers, feathers or net.
Makeup for short hair
– Use foundations. Face the fact that your skin will be more exposed because of a shorter hair. With that, you have to deal with foundations, primers and bases. When done in the right way, these make-up essentials will give you a glowing skin.
– Hot pink lipstick. If you have that sexy pixie, go for a hot pink lipstick paired with bright blush and dark brows.
– Smokey eyes. Sporting those sultry smokey eyes will give you that sexy and confident look. Your eyes will say it all as much as your hair makes a statement. To complete the look, apply a soft pink lipstick.
– Go nude. This is very easy to achieve. Just leave your lips nude with glossy pout but make a modern statement by applying a peach blush and a lavender eyeshadow.
– Red is all that you need. Short hairstyle is more revealing and chic when paired with a red lipstick. You can leave the rest undone so long you have that red sexy pout.
Short hair color ideas
– Dark blonde. If you want to get rid of dull hair color, opt for dark blonde. It is ideal for women with fair complexion.
– Cherry colored. This is a popular color for women who want to be a trend-setter and make their short hair their main accessory.
– Chocolate brown. This will give you a sweet yet alluring look. Chocolate brown is actually known as love hair color.
– Red and blonde. The combination of red and blonde is perfect for women with white complexion. It will give you a unique confident aura.
– Baby pink. This is a must-try for ladies who have been sporting the same hair color for a while now. Baby pink will make you more stunning.
These tips for short hairstyles are just some of the best that you can try. Just remember that you can always experiment to achieve a better look and to be more trendy and chic.
Short layered hairstyle
If you want a look that’s cute and classy at the same time, you should try short layered hairstyle. Especially if you want a bit more drama to spark out. The short layered hairstyle will get you plenty of attention, no matter if you’re at a fancy party, formal work sapper, wild night out or just the next day at work. Young, cute, cool, bold, sophisticated and lots more, all of these will go your way, and you don’t have to spend a whole morning with the hairdresser. These haircuts are just so easy to maintain, you won’t even notice it.
Yes, they are easy to maintain, but that doesn’t mean that they are not in vogue. They are hot these days. Just because it’s not very hard or very expensive, doesn’t mean that you can’t get hat extra bang to your appeal. See for yourself, here are some examples, some 30 examples to be precise. Just look at the pics bellow, you’re in for a complete make-over, if that’s what you want. For those of you, who already have chosen the short hairstyle, just look at what those layers can add to your looks – the energy is flowing, and you’re right there to take it.
Short Hairstyles with Bangs
Yeah, it’s hot and it’s hip.That’s what you get with the short hairstyle with bangs, and if this is your first time with it, most probably you’ll make some jaws to drop. You’ll look anew and it won’t cast you more time than you already spend in the mornings, and still it’s so chic… up your looks with the rolling short hairstyles with bangs.
Sure, you can go for any of the possibilities here – pixie, layers or bob, to name just a few. The short pixie with bangs is one of the hottest short hair styles right now, just look around. Everybody knows that the short bob with front bangs has never been out of trend, and the variations, hence the possibilities, don’t stop coming,so just pick whatever the moment calls for. Or your heart craves for, or whatever caught your eye lately. Here are some suggestions, you can never go wrong with the right short hairstyle.